Looking for the best roof bags for your Toyota Prius regardless of the model doesn’t have to be a huge problem. Even when you are confused, this post is here to help you out.
You just might be wondering if Toyota products or better put, if cars, in general, have specific roof bags that ought to be used with them or that were directly recommended by the car manufacturers.
I have done my research and I came up with a list of roof bags that are suitable for certain Toyota car models.
Just before we get into the proper details and review, see my top 4 roof bags for your Toyota Prius below:
|Best Roof Bags for Toyota Prius||Year|
|ADAKIIT Car Roof Bag||Suitable for Toyota Prius 2008|
|RoofBag Rooftop Cargo Carrier||Suitable for Toyota Prius 2009|
|BougeRV Rooftop Cargo Carrier||Suitable for Toyota Prius 2010|
|AmazonBasics||Suitable for Toyota Prius 2011|
When it comes to Toyota products generally, there’s usually this synergy between its entire features. Not to say that there’s no synergy when it comes to other car products, but that of Toyota products is usually very glaring, or perhaps, I am the one not setting it right. I’m probably seeing something different, I presume.
Anyways, away from that, because that is not my focus in this article; let us return to the roof bags. Knowing full well that each Car make usually has different models, and that these models have their bits of differences.
So, in this article, I will be taking you through which Roof Bag best suits different Toyota Prius Models. Take a look at my Top Roof Bags for your Toyota Prius.
ADAKIIT Car Roof Bag for Toyota Prius 2008
If you are very familiar with this Toyota Prius Model, you will agree with me that its rooftop is usually slant and might not be able to carry a roof bag.
However, there is a roof bag that best suits it according to my research. For this model, the best roof bag you could use is the ADAKIIT Car Roof Bag which has the capacity to contain every bit of your luggage in that it is 20 cubic feet large.
In addition, it is waterproof and has a total number of 8 reinforced straps to help hold firmly the roof bag, to your car. It also has a storage carrying bag for you to store your roof bag before and after usage.
With it comes a protective mat which helps do away with eventual scratches on the painting of your car, as well as noise whilst you are traveling.
Take a quick look at the advantages you would get from its usage;
- It has a large storage capacity, allowing you to move with enough essentials.
- It is 100% waterproof, thus, leaving your luggage dry and free from the effects of harsh weather conditions.
- It has an easy installation process and usage
- It ensures the security of your luggage with its reinforced straps
- Very Sturdy and Durable
- There’s no disadvantage in its usage.
The ADAKIIT Roof Bag as I mentioned earlier is what I recommend for your Toyota Prius 2008 as it allows you to move with enough luggage as you need without impeding the comfort of your passengers.
With all of the features listed above, you are covered!
RoofBag Rooftop Cargo Carrier for Toyota Prius 2009
The RoofBag Rooftop Cargo Carrier is absolutely the best cargo bag for this Toyota Prius model. It allows you to travel with enough luggage above average with its 15 cubic feet.
It is as well 100% waterproof and includes a protective ma, straps, and a storage bag. Making use of the extra straps, you are sure to have your bag sturdy up there with no movements.
It might interest you know that the fabric with which this product is made is abrasion resistant, that’s an added advantage right there.
- The product is made of abrasion-resistant fabric The product doesn’t rip off, and thus, peel resistant It has an aerodynamic shape which allows you to have a quiet and fuel-efficient trip
- Its straps are of the seat-belt style and 3,000 lbs strong, thus, ensuring sturdiness
- It is a durable bag
- It is 100% water resistant and tear-proof
- Its storage capacity is large enough to contain your extra luggage without leaving your passengers uncomfortable
- It comes with a protective mat for a smooth ride
- In case you have a low budget, you might not be able to purchase this product.
In addition to all of the features listed above, this product has a specially formulated fabric that withstands extreme weather conditions; wind, snow, dust, and continuous sun exposure.
In all, it is the perfect roof bag for your Toyota Prius 2009; try it out and thank me later!
BougeRV Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag for Toyota Prius 2010
This product comes with a protective mat that helps your luggage to stay put and also pads away the noise.
With it, you can travel without worrying if your luggage will get wet or not because it is water-resistant, it also helps you move with all essential luggage with its 15 cubic feet.
In addition, it does come with a storage bag where you will be able to store your roof bag after usage. Should you need help on its installation, the user manual which comes with it will definitely guide you.
Meanwhile, the producers of this product have assured us that it is long-lasting with its 12month warranty
- Accompanying it is 8 reinforced buckles & straps which help in securing your luggage during the journey
- It has an easy installation process and capacious storage of 15 cubic feet
- Not minding the weather condition whenever you’re on the move, this product has a 1000D nylon texture and flaps over the zipper which ensures your luggage remains dry.
- It is water-resistant It comes with a user guide that helps you install the roof bag seamlessly
- It has a 12month warranty
- It is Durable
- There’s absolutely no disadvantage to using this roof bag at this time
In recent times, this product has gained wide popularity and has been purchased by a good number of end-users who have given interesting reviews.
This is therefore an assurance that this product is one you should use; you won’t regret it!
Amazon Basics ZH1705156 Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag for Toyota Prius 2011
Black in color, this product has a 15 cubic feet storage capacity, allowing you to travel with as much luggage as you may need.
It is very important to note that the product is an Amazon Brand, and thus, verified. It is made from a 100% waterproof material which gives your luggage maximum protection from harsh weather conditions.
It also comes with extra straps which you are to use to firmly hold the roof bag to your car, hence, ensuring the safety and security of your luggage. It is easy to install and fold-able for storage, it is as well tear-proof.
- It is 100% waterproof
- Sturdiness Durability
- It has a large storage capacity, enough to contain your luggage without leaving your passengers uncomfortable
- It has an easy installation process and usage It is suitable for use whether or not your car has a roof rack It ensures the safety and security of your luggage with its reinforced straps
- Without the use of a protective mat, you will definitely end up having a scratched rooftop and a noisy ride. However, to avoid this, it is very expedient to make use of a protective mat
With all of the aforementioned features, coupled with the testimonials from customers which you’ll find on Amazon, this product is no doubt the best for your Toyota Prius 2011.
Check it out!
SHIELD JACKET Cargo Bag for Toyota Prius 2012
The SHIELD JACKET is a waterproof rooftop cargo bag with a storage space of 15 cubic feet and is very easy to use.
It could be used together with your family for traveling, camping, ski trips, etc. it does allow you to move with all that you need, without compromising any luggage.
Effortlessly, you can attach this roof bag with little or no hassle with its 8 reinforced built-in tie straps.
Also obtainable from its use is the guarantee for the safety and security of your luggage which by implication leaves you with peace of mind, knowing full well that your luggage cannot fall off.
- It is fold-able for easy storage
- It is completely weatherproof
- It is always easy to install It is designed to last long
- A very durable and sturdy bag
- It comes with an anti-slip mat which helps cushion the effects of movement & sharp objects
- Apparently, the product is made of high-quality materials
- Filling it with sharp objects could leave you with a punctured roof bag. Hence, you should make sure to avoid direct contact with sharp objects with the cargo bag; you could wrap them in soft clothing before putting them in.
Doing this will eliminate the possibility of having a scratch on your car.
This product beats every other of its counterparts in the market with its quality; you have no reason to think twice, go purchase yours!
SUPAREE Roof Bag for Toyota Prius 2013
Being a 19 cubic feet capacious bag, the SUPAREE Roof Bag allows you to journey with all your essentials as you deem fit.
It is also weatherproof as well as water-resistant. For proper cleaning and storage of this product, you are never to use any solvent-based detergents.
Meanwhile, after each usage, the product is meant to be cleaned with a damp cloth, stored in a dry place, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.
Neither alkali detergents nor steam blasters should be used to clean the product, as it will in the short run leave the bag with a devastating effect.
See how to mount the Cargo Bag
- Step 1: Knowing that the bag was folded, the first step is to unfold the Cargo Bag
- Step 2: Strategically place the Cargo Bag on the rooftop of your car i.e. at least 8 inches back from the front edge of the car’s roof
- Step 3: Fill up the bag with your luggage, perhaps you have filled them into separate duffel bags for ease of transportation, after which you of course should zip up the bag
- Step 4: After zipping up, the next in line is for you to thread the straps and close the buckles. The straps should be tightened to ensure that the bag is securely mounted.
- It has an extra-large size of 19 cubic feet, unlike other products whose capacity are ranging from 11 – 15 cubic feet
- It has an extra waterproof design, compared to other bags that end up leaking due to the use of less durable materials
- Included in it is a protective mat that prevents your car from getting scratched
- It has 8 Adjustable straps for holding the bag firm
- It comes with a user manual that will guide you on the installation
- This product is very choosy when it comes to washing. Not just any detergent can be used, hence, you’ve got to be extremely careful when making the choice of detergent to use in washing it.
If you’re out in search of a roof bag for your Toyota Prius 2013, look no further, this product is all you need.
Make use of it and you have no worries!
Tukuos Car Roof Bag Cargo Carrier for Toyota Prius 2014
The Tukuos Car Roof Bag is a 15 cubic feet heavy duty roof bag with an anti-slip mat. It is as well water-resistant with 4length reinforced straps and 4 door hooks for sturdiness.
As found in the other roof bags reviewed earlier, this product is not left out when it comes to large storage capacity, durability, its weatherproof feature, etc.
- It has a waterproof zipper It comes with a protective mat for sturdiness
- Large storage capacity
- The product in its entirety is water-resistant
- It comes with a password lock, ensuring the safety of your luggage
- It could be used either your car has a roof rack or not
- When you are at high speed, causing your luggage to move back and forth, it is probable that sharp objects in the roof bag end up puncturing your bag as well as leave your car’s rooftop with scratches.
When not in use, the Tukuos Car Roof Bag Cargo Carrier folds for easy storage, and could however be stored in your car’s boot for quick access when next you will be making use of it.
All of the features discussed above are exactly what you will come across upon purchasing this product. In essence, there is no form of deceit.
Wondering if it will work perfectly with your Prius 2014? Absolutely! Perfectly fine at that, as opposed to what you’ll get from the use of products bought from competitors in the market.
SIMNIAM Roof Top Cargo Carrier for Toyota Prius 2015
The SIMNIAM Roof Top Cargo Carrier is a 19 cubic feet roof bag with an anti-tear double zipper. It also comes with a storage bag and 10 reinforced / adjustable straps for sturdiness.
The product is very easy to fold and store. As always, it is water-resistant and weatherproof. It also promises the security and safety of your luggage.
- It is easy to fold and store after use Its zipper is of high quality with zipper flaps, hence, providing double security to your luggage
- It is tearproof and waterproof, and these features lend credence to the fact that it is long-lasting and durable
- Its 10 reinforced straps ensure more security of your luggage
- The protective mat helps prevent scratches and noise even on high speed, rugged and muddy roads.
- Its 19 cubic feet is large enough to contain your luggage
- It is suitable for use either your car has a roof rack or not
- Depending on what you can afford or what you already budgeted, this product could be expensive.
- When the use of a protective mat is not employed before the mounting of your roof bag, there is the possibility of having scratches on your car, as well as having a noisy ride
Going by all of the features listed above, this product is undoubtedly topnotch and is not without a large storage capacity.
When next you will be shopping, do not forget to add this to your list!
MIDABAO Rooftop Cargo Carrier for Toyota Prius 2016
With 20 cubic feet of storage capacity, the MIDABAO Rooftop Cargo Carrier is no doubt the perfect option for this car model.
It allows you to travel with all that you need, leaving nothing behind! Like the other roof bags, it is also water-resistant and has waterproof coated zippers.
Included in its package is a storage bag where you are to store the bag after use, with 2 long straps, and 6 tough wide straps.
Designed with adventure in mind, it does have a heavy-duty construction which is meant to help protect your luggage from exposure; it also allows you to store odd-shaped items without impeding the comfort of your passengers.
- It has a large storage capacity of 20 cubic feet It fits all cars with or without a roof rack
- It is easily mounted as well as foldable for storage It is water-resistant
- Its 6 tough straps help in ensuring more security
- Very durable
- It could be too expensive for you, depending on your budget
- When not used with a protective mat, there is usually a high tendency of having your car scratched as well as having a noisy ride
There is a nexus between this roof bag and the Toyota Prius 2016 in that they both allow for the large storage capacity; the rooftop of the car is wide enough to contain the roof bag.
Furthermore, the roof bag allows you to move with enough luggage without impeding the comfort of passengers.
MHO + ALL Rooftop Cargo Carrier for Toyota Prius 2017
This product is of 8 cubic feet storage capacity, made with heavy-duty construction material. As always, it is water-resistant, and its zipper is waterproof coated.
Coming with it is 10 reinforced straps which will be used to firmly hold the bag to your car.
As opposed to other roof bags which will begin to rip off after a single use, this product is made of high-quality military grade material that is sure to last for years.
It has an easy installation process and is foldable afterward (after use) for easy storage.
- Tearproof and water-resistant
- Dual protection
- It has UV protection
- It is made of military-grade heavy-duty construction material
- It comes with ample storage space It fits any vehicle with or without a roof rack
- For the security of your luggage, it comes with 10 reinforced adjustable straps in order to keep the rooftop cargo bag just in place.
- Not making use of a protective mat could cost you your car’s painting in that it leaves you with scratches on your car
You might be discouraged to go for this product because of its storage capacity (8 cubic feet), thus, not allowing you to move with all you need.
However, not minding its storage space, this product promises to serve you at its best, not compromising its other features such as its durability, sturdiness, the safety of luggage, etc.
For the various Toyota Prius Models reviewed in this article, the roof bags that I have recommended are the perfect match for them.
Other roof bags could seem to work for them, but could end up having loopholes in the short run. The recommended roof bags are what you should go for.
I believe that you’ve been able to make a better decision from what you read in this article. If you have any question(s) or anything at all to say, simply do that in the comments section, I’ll reply in due course. Thank you!