Clarios makes ACDelco batteries now.
Delphi was the manufacturer until 2006 Johnson Controls took over its battery business. And Johnson Controls sold their battery company in 2019 to Brookfield Business Partners and formed Clarios. So, Clarios is the manufacturer of ACDelco batteries now.
General Motors (GM) owns the AC Delco Batteries brand. The AC Delco is an American automotive parts brand. However, GM also makes other factory parts for the vehicles which are consolidated under AC Delco Brand.
Clarios is the largest battery supplier worldwide. It has an over 40% market share and expects more growth with its next-generation batteries.
Clarios also manufacturers many other brands of batteries, including Diehard, Everstart, Duralast, and Kirklands.
The battery brands are made by Clarios:
- DieHard Battery
- Walmart Everstart Batteries
- Champion Battery
- Interstate Batteries
- Autozone Duralast Battery
- Energizer car batteries
- Kirklands batteries
- Optima battery
- AutoCraft Batteries
- Motorcraft Battery
Is AC Delco Battery Worth It?
Yes. The AC Delco batteries have a 12 to 42 months warranty. Most batteries are AGM, and many batteries have 18 months free replacement warranty.
How does AC Delco Battery Warranty Works?
The AC Delco Battery Warranty varies by battery type. Here is how its warranty works:
- Professional P: 18 Months
- Professional PS: 30 Months
- Professional PG: 42 Months
The Battery Part Number Warranty works like this:
36 Months Warranty:
24 Months Warranty:
What are Some AC Delco Batteries for Different Vehicles?
The AC Delco offers most automotive batteries. Here are some AC Delco Batteries. Here are some automotive batteries:
1. AC Delco Gold Automotive Agm 36 Month Battery
The AC Delco Gold Automotive AGM Battery is a maintenance-free, leakproof pressurized valve system that helps prevent dry-out and acid damage to the terminals. Its high-density plate oxide for maximum power per pound with dependable “high cycling” service also has heavy top lead connections. This increases durability and vibration resistance, in addition to being able to provide longer auto battery life than other types or brands on the market today!
- High density negative paste, improves performance and increases battery life
- Enhanced life alloy or Silver Calcium stamped alloy increases cycle life and improves performance
- Calcium lead positive grid, maximizes conductivity and allows for low resistance
- Robust envelope separator with puncture resistant back, allows for increased acid circulation and prevents shorts. Improved acid circulation, helps the battery to remain cool, and extend battery life
- Vent cap design that resists acid leakage
- Battery comes with 7 year warranty
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
2. Gold (Professional) 30 Month Battery
Forget about the days when you had to replace your batteries every few months. The Gold Professional is here with a high-capacity design that will last up until three years! Not only does this provide longevity, but it also helps keep things cool, so there’s no risk of shorting out and burning out those sensitive components inside these bad boys because they’ve been sitting on charge for far too long…
3. Gold (Professional) Heavy Duty AGM 24 Month Battery
The Gold Professional Heavy Duty AGM Battery is a durable design that protects against the worst enemy of a truck battery – road vibration. The calcium alloys in this product are optimized for cycle life and corrosion resistance while also providing low resistance to acid circulation to remain cooler than normal flooded cells, which helps with overall durability over time. Robust envelope separators help prevent leakage during transport or use as well!
- Note: Refer a user manual before use
- Durable design protects against the worst enemy of a truck battery – road vibration (compared to standard flooded batteries)
- Calcium alloy is optimized to produce a fine grain, corrosion-resistant grid, maximize cycle life and minimizes water consumption for battery durability
- Fully charged ACDelco Batteries (OCV is >12.5) should be stored in an upright position at temperatures between 32°F and 70°F. When a battery is stored, a very slow chemical reaction takes place between the plate materials and the electrolyte, causing a slow discharge. This reaction, called a self-discharge, occurs more rapidly at higher temperatures. Therefore, it is not recommended to store next to a furnace or other heat source. If an ACDelco Battery is completely discharged, the electrolyte will freeze when stored below 30°F. To prevent electrolyte freezing and battery damage, do not store ACDelco Batteries below 30°F if their OCV is less than 12.5 volts. Check battery every 2 months and maintain a voltage of 12.4 volts or higher
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
4. Silver (Advantage) Heavy Duty Flooded 18 Month Battery
The Silver Advantage Heavy Duty Flooded 18 Month Battery has a durable envelope separator that maximizes acid circulation and resists punctures, helping with battery life. It also features a permanently sealed cover to protect against leaks and AC Delco negative paste for maximum performance over time!
How to Choose the Right AC Delco Battery for Your Vehicle:
It is essential to know about what battery to buy depending on your vehicle or machine. Here you will learn exactly what things to consider when purchasing a battery:
What is Battery Type:
The first thing to consider is the battery type. There are different batteries for different vehicles, such as AGM, Lead Acid, or Lithium Batteries. The AC Delco has the most AGM Batteries, so you should know that you need an AGM battery when buying from AC Delco. AGM Batteries have been popular for many reasons, such as long backup and less charging time.
Cranking amps and cold cranking amps:
The best way to make sure your car starts in winter is with a battery with at least two Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). CCA rating shows how long it takes for you to crank over the engine and startup when there’s not enough power from other sources, such as outside heat or gasoline fuel.
Reserve capacity is the number of minutes your fully charged battery can sustain a designated constant load before it becomes discharged.
For example, if you have a 12V battery and are connected to something with 25 amps, then after just one hour, there will be ten volts left in this power source, which means only 975 milliamps will flow through. Its terminals – not enough for long-term use!
Discharge capacity is the most important feature for determining how long you can use your battery before it needs to be replaced or recharged, but other factors are also at play! So you should focus on the actual discharge rate, reflecting the charge percentage extracted from an aged state (the highest amount).
Frequently Asked Questions about AC Delco Batteries:
Here are some questions and answers to help you more about these batteries:
Where to buy AC Delco Battery?
The buying process is straightforward. To buy a battery, first, you should find it on their website:
Then find your desired battery and find a retailer near to you on their website.
There are other ways to buy online, such as you can buy the battery at the Autozone website:
How do you prevent corrosion on batteries?
There’s an inexpensive method to keep your battery terminals in top shape–applying petroleum jelly. The best part about it is that not only will this help protect the metal from further damage, but it also keeps moisture away, so they don’t rust too!
Can you drive your car when your battery is leaking?
Probably not safe to. That sulfuric battery acid is dangerous and will cause corrosion on engine components, ruining them in time if left unchecked!
How to Maintain an AGM Battery?
If you want to ensure that your AGM battery lasts as long as possible, it’s essential to charge them and follow these other steps.
Use a factory-recommended charger and never partially charge batteries if at all possible! Charge at the right temperature for best results–batteries emit chemicals when heated, which are harmful, so be mindful about this too!.
How to know what the reserve capacity of the battery is?
It should be right under the CCA rating label on the battery, where you can read about the reserve capacity of your battery.
So in this article, you learned about the AC Delco Batteries warranty, features, and different types.
Here are some key takeaways from this article:
- The AC Delco Battery warranty varies from one battery to another, such as 12 to 42 months.
- Most batteries AC Delco offers are AGM.